PDA

View Full Version : Star Metal Gauntlet

eens405
02-13-2014, 12:29 PM
I've recently received one of those star metal gauntlets and it yields the same exact rewards that the Adamantine gauntlet does. However, it's also colored epic quality in the item description, not orange.

Is it possible that the description for both the Beetle and the Gauntlet are wrong? Is it possible that they are better than the purple quality gauntlet/mount but the description just hasn't been updated?

mconosrep
02-13-2014, 12:39 PM
It is possible that the possible rewards are the same but that the chances of different items are altered.

twstdecho
02-13-2014, 12:43 PM
It is possible that the possible rewards are the same but that the chances of different items are altered.

A good guess. Also, the Star Metal gauntlet is available to anyone, not just to those who have unlocked the Adamantine gauntlet.

diogene0
02-13-2014, 12:45 PM
You could use it to get more chances to loot the eye of lanterer artifact, if you buy thayan lair keys.

eens405
02-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I actually thought about both of those. But you'd figure the higher quality gauntlet would still have higher quality rewards, you know?

Another perk is that you can have multiple of these at a time (as far as I can tell). They don't have to be forged, so you can have more than one a day. But it currently costs about 9000 for a priceless thayan antiquity on the AH, so it's up to you whether it's worth it or not.

ejziponken
02-13-2014, 12:48 PM
I got 6 and I got like peridots on all of them.

twstdecho
02-13-2014, 12:52 PM
You could use it to get more chances to loot the eye of lanterer artifact, if you buy thayan lair keys.

Or run with a friend on a lair quest realizing you won't get to open the other chest.

syka08
02-13-2014, 01:00 PM
My guess is, is that they're the exact same item, with the same loot table set up. The only major difference is 1 you can gain from completing that portion of the campaign, that you're limited to holding only 1 at a time and can only gain 1 a day, where as the Starmetal Guantlet you can gather many of and not have to touch that part of the Dread Ring campaign.

Though it would be very nice if you had a higher chance of gaining the artifact because of the Starmetal Gauntlet.

xcessiveforce40
02-13-2014, 01:30 PM
So gauntlet isn't worth any more than the adamantine that you can forge. mounts are the same 110 percent. so in essence, nothing new to look at here...

frishter
02-13-2014, 01:31 PM
The good thing is that you can open the arcane coffer twice and get 2 rewards if you have both coffers. The bad news is that you get the same rubbish loot. 2 rank 4s from an enchanted key, wow aren't I just spoilt. Definitely is legendary indeed...

imsmithy
02-13-2014, 01:33 PM
So gauntlet isn't worth any more than the adamantine that you can forge. mounts are the same 110 percent. so in essence, nothing new to look at here...

Yeah it's quite refreshing actually , the reward that is listed as third best is actually the reward most players will probably want , either for the artifact itself or the huge boost in RP a epic artifact gives xD

loboguild
02-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Was really hoping for a nice ZAX profit, but this lockbox won't deliver it. At least they changed the frontpage posting for the legendary mount and added the movement speed. So their initial delusion is gone.

snotty
02-13-2014, 02:19 PM
Its really funny how everyone is disappointed or shocked over the fact that these new items aren't any better then what we have now. Have we already forgotten the massive failure that was the Challenge of the Gods event? Where we were getting "epic rewards" consisting of "epic" R4 enchants and "epic" HP pots?

Needless to say but I'll say it anyway, from this point forward, just expect whatever they release to be the normal stuff until it's proven to be better then normal.